As consumers, we have become conscious of what we are spending our money on making sure we have things that are one of a kind. We pay special attention to our homes desiring possessions that scream luxurious.
Carpets are such inclusions that can transform the look of our monotonous and dull home, brightening it straightaway. Maintaining the shine and luster of a carpet can be a daunting job when there is a constant worry about the shoe or food stains.
You can have your carpets cleaned professionally for a spotless and pristine space for your family gatherings and official get-togethers. There are two options to choose from – Dry Cleaning and Steam Cleaning – each having its pros and cons. Depending on your needs, budget, and other facets, you can pick one.
Dry Carpet Cleaning
As the name is self-explanatory, this technique uses no or very little moisture to clean your soiled carpets. The carpet is chemically treated with a powder that breaks down and loosens the dirt and grimy residue stuck to the fibers of the carpet. It makes it easier to brush and remove those stubborn stains. They also reduce the risk of future smudges.
PROS OF GETTING YOUR CARPET DRY CLEANED
- If you are mindful of the wastage of water, then Dry Cleaning is the one for you. It uses very low water content for the wash.
- If there is a stain on a specific area that you want to be cleaned, then Dry Cleaning is a suitable option as it is best for spot cleaning.
- Dry Cleaning is the better alternative if you are reluctant to spend a large amount on getting your carpet cleaned.
- Dry Cleaning can be a lifesaver if there is an emergency like you are expecting guests and want to get your carpet cleaned. It takes just half to an hour to have your carpet as good as new.
- It is the most appropriate way of cleaning areas with high traffic that need washing frequently than the other areas.
CONS OF GETTING YOUR CARPET DRY CLEANED
- The cleansing powder your carpet is pretreated with can leave its remnants in the fibers that can ruin your carpet over time.
- If you are looking for deep cleansing, then Dry Cleaning is the one you should avoid.
- The residual chemicals lead to a strong fragrance you or your kids may be allergic to.
If you are convinced to dry clean your carpet, then Mr. Edlyne is here to provide you with top-class dry cleaning services. Mr. Edlyne is a hub of professionals who treat your carpet with love and care. Get in touch with our team to get the service you and your home deserves.
Steam Carpet Cleaning
Steam Cleaning sprays hot water to extract the dirt, soil, and any other sort of stains. Sometimes, cleansing agents are added to the water which is then pressurized into the carpet. The water containing all the residues is then extracted using an extraction machine deep cleansing it along the way.
PROS OF GETTING YOUR CARPET STEAM CLEANED
- If you are looking for deep and extensive cleansing, you should go for Steam Cleaning as it is the most effective and worth your efforts.
- It can revamp the look of your old carpet giving it a new and refreshing feel.
- Steam Cleaning doesn’t leave any smell or strong fragrance making it safe for you and your kids with allergies.
- It doesn’t leave any remnants of the cleansing chemicals into the fibers of the carpet cleaning it from within.
- The chemicals mixed with hot water to extract the dirt are not harsh on the carpet keeping it soft and flawless.
CONS OF GETTING YOUR CARPET STEAM CLEANED
- Since a lot of water is used to wash the carpet, it takes up to 24 hours or more to dry.
- The machinery and equipment used to steam clean can be difficult to transport because of their size and heavyweight.
- It is considerably costlier than Dry Cleaning.
Thinking of steam cleaning but don’t know where to begin? Mr. Edlyne has state-of-the-art machinery that removes the decade-old grit and dirt from the vintage carpet you have been protecting for years and are worried about ruining. Mr. Edlyne will make sure it does not destroy its charm.