‘Tis the season to be chilling, wearing warm cozy clothes and staying indoors. Winters may be an absolute favorite of some of us out there with the advantage of snuggling in cute outfits that are comfy as well.
Our skin, on the other hand, looks awful during winters. Any amount of effort doesn’t look enough and the skin still looks negligent.
According to experts, the low content of moisture available in the atmosphere and extensive use of heating appliances are the culprits. The deficiency of moisture causes our skin to dehydrate leaving it blotchy and dried out.
However, a proper routine followed religiously can work wonders for your skin. Here are some of the tips that you can incorporate into your skincare regimen that can bring a multitude of positive changes to your skin.
- Moisturizer For the Hydration: – Winters rip our skin off of its natural moisture. A rich thick moisturizer is what your skin needs to get that extra punch of hydration. Make sure to use products according to your skin type and what suits you the best. Remember that in the world of skincare, expensive does not always mean the best. There is a whole sea of skincare brands and products available, so picking out the right one can be tricky. Research to choose the one with hydrating ingredients like hyaluronic acid, aloe vera, or glycerine.
- DO NOT Skip your SPF: – Skipping your SPF is the worst thing that you can do to your face. The ozone layer is thinnest during winters which may not do its job of protecting us from UV rays very well. Sunscreen adds that extra layer of barrier between the rays and our skin. Sunburn is not the only threat SPF protects us from. Radiations from the sun cause pigmentation, premature aging, and worse, cancer. Apply a thick layer of sunscreen before stepping out and you will be ready to take over the world.
- Facials For a Deep Cleanse: – Facials are a therapeutic way of pampering your skin and getting that glow you see on celebrities. They pump your skin with moisture and take hydration to the deeper levels of your skin leaving it soft and supple. Facials cleanse your face from all the dirt and dust settled inside your pores unclogging them. They are an incredible way of relieving stress as well as exfoliating your skin. Facials from a salon are a road towards self-care and self-love. After a hectic week, this is what you and your skin needs and deserves.
- Hot Showers are Horrible for the Skin: – The only rescue we can find from the freezing and bone-chilling winters is in the form of long hot baths. They give instant relief from the cold warming you up and are the perfect way to relieve stress. However, they can strip away the moisture and natural oils from your skin. This may cause serious damage to your skin like irritated, dry, blotchy skin or even inflammation. Staying in a hot tub for a prolonged time is another luxury you should try to avoid if you wish for a hydrated and glowing skin.
- Mild Exfoliators for the Baby-soft Skin: – Exfoliation is a process of removing dead skin cells and is a must-do if you want healthy skin in winters. In the recent times, chemical exfoliators have been a game-changer and have given amazing results without causing micro-tears which the physical exfoliators are generally guilty of. If you are new to the world of chemical exfoliation, proper research is a prerequisite. Use exfoliators that are gentle on the skin and do not cause more harm than good. It is an amazing way to replenish your skin and a note-worthy addition to your skincare.
Mr. Edlyne is a platform that offers you salon services right in the comforts of home. In this numbing cold, sit back, relax, enjoy and take advantage of home salon services without worrying about leaving your house.